How to Create Freebie Content to Build Your Mailing List
Last month on the Mequoda Daily blog, they answered the question:
What's the best way to create a freebie without giving away the entire book?
Here are two good ideas from Mequoda:
- Create an ebook using content from your existing blog. You have so much content on your web site that no one may get to read unless you package it together. Three or four blog posts on mobile publishing might turn into an ebook called "Mobile Publishing Secrets."
- Summarize some of your book's content. With this method, you might take a theme from your book and offer a stripped-down treatment of the topic.
- Simply create a PDF file of the introduction and first chapter or two of your book. If the content grabs them, readers will want to know (and buy) more.
- Record your live talks and workshops. Make the audio or video recordings available as free downloads.
- Have a friend interview you on the topic of your book. Record it and have someone transcribe the interview. Turn the audio or the text (or both) into a freebie to build your list.
- Do you have a glossary of terms in your book? Or an appendix of helpful resources? Make them available.
Whatever you do, make sure you are creating incentives for people to sign up for your email list. It's a powerful book promotion asset.