Welcome to BrandingYourselfOnline.com
You're in the right place if you want to learn how to:
- Use the Internet and social media to create a buzz
- Promote your music or art on a budget
- Self-publish, promote & sell your own book
Bob Baker is an author, musician, and workshop leader who is dedicated to helping creative people of all kinds get exposure, connect with fans, and increase their incomes through their artistic passions. Bob's books include "Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook," "55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet," "Unleash the Artist Within," "Guerrilla Music Marketing Online," and more.
Connect with Bob on ...
From here, you can go to ...
Music Marketing Tips for DIY Artists
TheBuzzFactor.com Low-cost self-promotion ideas for indie musicians, songwriters and bands. Subscribe to the Buzz Factor ezine, the longest-running music tips email newsletter on the planet.
Book Promotion & Self-Publishing Advice
FullTimeAuthor.com How to make a living with your self-published books, reports, audio programs, and more.
Artist Empowerment Radio Podcast
Free MP3 audio downloads featuring marketing tips and inspiration.
How to Attract Thousands
of Fans Like Magnets Online
When promoting on the Internet, a personal approach is ideal. Although glitzy advertising may still work in the offline world, when people go online, they don't connect with logos, theme songs or mission statements. They connect with people. And when lots of people know who you are and what you stand for, you are in an incredible position to better your life and profit from your notoriety. That's the essence of the brand called YOU.
That's also the idea behind all of the marketing tips and strategies included in the book "Branding Yourself Online: How to Use the Internet to Become a Celebrity or Expert in Your Field." This 350-page book gives you essential tips and tools to effectively create a brand name for yourself and use the Internet to tell the world about it.
In this book, you'll discover:
- What personal branding is, why you need it and how to use it to further your goals
- The best ways to determine your ideal brand image and the methods for hammering home that image so it makes the most impact in the least amount of time
- Effective online and offline strategies for branding your image and identity onto the computer screens and into the consciousness of the masses
"Loaded with wisdom served up in an exceedingly readable style. If I was king of the universe, I'd make Bob's book mandatory reading for every person who owns a computer!"
-Jay Conrad Levinson, author, Guerrilla Marketing series of books "Presents the tools that can turn individual entrepreneurs into savvy marketers and online business success stories."
-Jeff Zbar, SBA Small Business Journalist of the Year
Why Branding? Why Now?
You may be asking, "With all the dot-com fallout, isn't this a bad time to be doing business on the Internet?" Absolutely not. This isn't a book about raising venture capital, hiring a hundred employees, growing a company at breakneck speed and spending millions on advertising. Branding Yourself Online is exclusively geared to individuals who are willing to take a sensible, long-term approach to online promotion.
Case in point: Over the past four years, while Web sites and tech companies were crashing and burning, I had my best, most profitable three years ever. No doubt, the Internet is alive and kicking for solo entrepreneurs.
But you won't get far without branding yourself. Branding allows you to take control of your online identity and influence the impression that people have of you, which helps you accomplish the following objectives:
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field
- Connect with like-minded people on a large scale
- Focus your energies on feeding your life's purpose
- Build a solid reputation within your industry
- Become self-employed doing something you enjoy (or gain credibility and be in a better position to land the job you really want)
- Increase your notoriety and improve your perceived value in the marketplace
- Develop your circle of influence within a business niche
- Earn praise and recognition from a growing number of people who embrace your message
- Become a celebrity in your chosen field
How to Use Branding to Your Advantage
If you're a visual artist, branding helps you connect your name with your technique and attract more (and more paying) fans. If you're a Web designer, branding allows you to mix your attitude and distinct perspective with your technical skills so more people hire you. If you're a musician, branding paves the way to reaching a loyal fan base without having to kiss the ... er, feet of a major record label.
Once you have learned how to effectively position yourself, define your focus and develop a "fan-club mentality," the book delves into ways of promoting the brand YOU. You'll find out how to:
- Maximize e-mail for brand delivery -- there's more to it than just creating a signature file
- Design your Web site for brand impact, including tips on content, design and interactivity
- Exploit the e-zines and Web sites of others
- Publish e-books and e-mail newsletters to distribute your message
- Brand by networking through mailing lists, discussion forums, message boards and other online avenues
"I highly recommend this book. Thorough yet accessible, and filled with common-sense advice." -Shel Horowitz, author of Grassroots Marketing "This is the type of book the For Dummies series aspires to, but never reaches." -Seth Cauthorne, author of How to Rake in the Tips in Any Service Profession
Learn From the Most Successful Branders
Throughout the book I include examples of people who have successfully branded themselves. Appendix A, "Online Success Stories," offers a Q&A with 13 of the most well-known personalities on the Internet. These examples provide insight and inspiration, and illustrate that successful people use the Internet to:
- Build trust by conducting themselves honestly and with integrity
- Get clear about who they are and what they offer; they have a consistent theme
- Use repetition to maintain visibility and create familiarity
- Stay available -- it is easy to contact them and they respond within a reasonable amount of time
- Touch people by inspiring them, revealing personal experiences, taking a stand on issues, etc.
- Teach people with free articles, resources and information on their Web sites
- Exploit third-party endorsements and awards
Branding Yourself Online may not be about the music biz per se, but it will definitely give you hundreds of low-cost ideas and online strategies to carve a defined musical identity on the Internet.
Limited-Time Discount Offer
The paperback version of this great resource originally sold for $29.95. The paper version is currently out of print. BUT you can still get the PDF ebook (available for immediate download) for only $14.95 -- 50% off!
Branding Yourself Online comes with a One-Year Money-Back Guarantee. Take up to 365 days to apply these ideas and decide if they're helping you attract more fans and get more exposure online. If you're not happy, for any reason, just let me know and I'll give you a fast, friendly refund. No questions asked.
Why not get started today?
P.S. Branding Yourself Online is a substantial, 350-page resource filled with reams of tips and ideas to help you carve a rock-solid identity and attract thousands of new fans on the Internet. Get your copy today!
Branding Yourself Online
Order securely online now
paperback book - 350 pages - OUT OF PRINT, SORRY
Branding Yourself Online
350-page PDF ebook download - $14.95
Get immediate download access
as soon as your order is approved.
Enjoy the creative journey ...
PO Box 28441, St. Louis, MO 63146
Phone: (314) 963-5296
E-mail: bob AT bob-baker DOT com